- Hits: 1240 1240
Docker container - virtualization 2.0
Why we use it!
- Each container on a host shares the same system kernel so the launch is fast. ( Yeah ...seconds)
- An application and ALL it's dependencies are mounted on a filesystem so each build is repeatable.
- Bringing about the advent of slimmed down OS's. Only the parts that you need.
- DevOps owns it all the way through the lifecycle.
- Several orchestration solutions are available.
- All the major OS's and hosting providers support it.
Main Docker Site: https://www.docker.io
Containerization is not supported as of Windows 10. It is on the roadmap for a future version. This is also true for OSX so the solution for now is to use boot2docker and Oracle virtual box.
Docker Support Site: https://support.docker.com
Docker Hub Login: https://hub.docker.com/account/login/
Docker Registry: https://index.docker.io